Belief - Statement of Faith
Statement of Faith:
1. We Believe the Bible to be the inspired and infallible, authoritative Word of God. (2 Tim. 3:16) Therefore, our ministry emphasizes the exposition of God’s Word from Genesis to Revelation, line upon line, precept upon precept. (Is. 28:10)
2. We Believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We Believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory. (Is. 9:6, Mark 2:5-7, John 1, 1 Cor. 15:17)
4. We Believe that for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential and repentance from sin and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is the only way to come into a relationship with God. (John 3:16-17, 2 Cor. 5:17, Rom. 10)
5. We Believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life; we further believe His power and gifts are available to believers today. (1 Cor. 12)
6. We Believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We Believe it is important to uphold the Scriptural practices of the early church. Therefore, we uphold to the practice of water baptism and the regular taking of communion. We do not believe that either of these practices is essential for salvation, but that they serve as a demonstration of our living faith in Christ.